related java applet: rlc series
This java applet will show you physics properties of an
driven by a harmonic voltage source¡C
You will find a popup window (image)
when you click .
(wait unitl start appear)
¡]A new window will popup when you click the start button)
1. The peak value of AC source is fixed at 10.0 V¡A
and the resistor is 1.0 k£[.
2. Parameters you can change:
1. The period of the AC source (enter into the textField)
Its unit can be ¡G s , ms (10-3s),
2. You can change the inductance¡G
3. You can change the capacitance with the same method.
4. Press Start for animation
5. White small circle simulate the AC current,
its velocity is propotional to current I.
6. If the mouse button is within the curve (time-voltage)
The coordinate of the mouse will be translated and displayed.
7. Press mouse button to suspend the animation.
Click near (time, voltage)=(0.s, 10.0v) and
drag the mouse up and down to change y scaling factor.
If you click the left mouse button,
8. Press Reset button to reset parameters.
animation resume when you release the mouse button.
If you click the right mouse button,
you need to click it again.
9. Press Quit or Close the window to Quit.
1. Phase between VC(Voltage of capacitor) and VL(Inductor)
2. phase between VR(Resistor) and VL or VC.
3. Relation between VL and oscillator frequency f= 1/T(period).
4. Relation between VC and oscillator frequency
5. VR is propotional to I (current).
6. V = VR + VL + VC
In the above picture, VL(blue) > V(red) ??? Why ???
Your suggestions are highly appreciated! Please click email@example.com
Author¡GFu-Kwun Hwang, Dept. of physics, National Taiwan Normal University
Last modified :