This java applet try to show the transient behavior that occurs when the capacitor is being charged and discharged.
1. You will find a 10 Volt Voltage source,
Click within the green area and drag the mouse up/down
to change its value.
2. A 100k ohms resistor and a 100uF in series¡C(k=103 , u=10-6 )
3. There is a switch to control the flow path of the circuit.
5. You can change the switch at any time.
6. If the mouse is inside the Vc-t plot area,
Its values corresponse to mouse position will be displayed.
If you drag the mouse, It will show relative value.
7. The animation is suspended when you press the mouse button.
If you click with left mosue button,
animation continues when you release the mouse button.
If you click with the right mouse button,
you will need to press the mouse again to resume.
2. Then calculate new Vc =
3. calculate VR = I * R
Your suggestions are highly appreciated. E-mail ¡G firstname.lastname@example.org
Author¡GFu-Kwun Hwang, Dept. of physics, National Taiwan Normal University
Last modified :